Holy shit, this is so sad… People have sex that only lasts 3 minutes? I feel like this is a national crisis
3.33 is the highest average??
Eva 3.33: You Are (not) Good In Bed
Clearly Queers were not included in this survey.
Are they counting the average time Americans get screwed by their government?
I love the last bit
For all you writers out there who want to create a language for your story.
When creating a new language, it’s important to think of these four things:
- Is it a spoken language?
- Is it a written language?
- Is it a sign language?
- Is it a combination of the above?
Once you’ve decided how your language exists, you can move on to the next steps:
- What culture does it belong to? Try reflecting the culture within the language. The Dothraki in A Song of Ice and Fire center their language around horses as spoken of in this article. Think of the sound and what emotions it could be compared to.
- How old is it? Decide how old your language is and its history. Language changes over time and borrows from other languages as it grows.
- Is it a dead language? A dead language is a language that is no longer used in ever day life. If there is a dead language (like Latin) in your culture, what records exist of it? Several cultures use the Latin name for species all over the world and English speakers use Latin phrases all the time. Does anyone study this language? Does anyone know how to pronounce it? Are there any missing pieces?
- Who uses it? Decide who uses this language. If it is spoken and there is more than one language used in the area, is there only a certain group of people who speak this language? If it is written, what is the literacy rate?
Once you’ve established the above, you’ll have down the basics of your language. Now we’ll move on to specific types of language:
- Alphabet: Again, really think of how you want it to sound. Create a phonetic alphabet for the spoken language and build the vocabulary off that.
- Vocab: If the language is used sparingly in your story, start with the phrases you use first. Create words for these. See how they sound together. Keep track of these words and their various forms (past, present, plural, singular, etc.).
- Grammar: Play with the sentence structure. In Latin, a verb is often at the end of the sentence. In Spanish, the adjective comes after the noun most of the time. Keep these structures consistent and don’t make it too confusing if you have trouble with this.
- Translate: Translate everything you have into the language you write in, even if you don’t use it. Write as much detail as you can about your languages to make it as authentic as possible.
- Style: What would be considered the “formal” style? If there is a written language, is the formal style used more often in writing than in speaking?
- Accents: Does the pronunciation of words differ from place to place? It most likely will if the language is widespread. Accents are influenced by other cultures and languages. The accents of the southwestern US came from English accents while other southern accents came from the influence of France and Jamaica.
- Stress: Know what syllables to stress. This will affect the pronunciation and overall sound of your language.Written Language:
- Alphabet: Create the written alphabet. There are a few ways you can do this. One is making new letters for each letter you have in the alphabet you write in and another is creating letters that stand for phonetic sounds. The shapes of the letters should be consistent throughout the whole alphabet for a better aesthetic appeal for for easier writing.
- Direction: Which way is this language written? From left to right? Right to left? Top to bottom?
- Translation: If this language is separate from a spoken language, can it be pronounced? Or only translated to read in another language?
- Accents: If you’re writing with the Latin alphabet, use accents sparingly. Make sure you know how they affect pronunciation before using them and don’t drench your language with them.
- Forms: How many forms of writing are there? Is there a lowercase and an uppercase?Sign Language:
- Gestures: Think of what gestures may exist in your culture. Are there any friendly gestures? Any offensive ones? How often are they used?
- Full Language: Is there a fully developed sign language? Was it created for those who are hearing impaired or for another reason? When writing this, don’t describe all the signs made unless what is being said might be important or meaningful to the story. Keep the description short.
- Name the Language: Calling the language the “common tongue” is overdone, boring, and just plain lazy writing. Give the language a name.
- Borrow: If you want, you can borrow root words from another language to base yours off of. You can also borrow grammar rules from other languages if you wish. Borrowing can often make this process easier for you and it may help readers familiar with the base language see the similarities in your new language.
- History: What is the history of the language? Was it once dead and then brought back? Are there any negative connotations with certain words? What are the histories behind these words?
I posted this three times tonight and had three people tell me that I helped save their life. Thank you to those people who have decided to struggle through to let us enjoy the gift of one more day of their prescence gracing us all. I hope that you all reblog this, to save another few. Because we all dserve another chance and hope in life. I went to the hospital 6 times before I decided to keep my life but I hope none of you suffer that much. And I hope you all can make that scary, seemingly painful, blind, hoping, wonderful step to live.
I want to help you in any way I can. ANYTHING. I mean it. If I had had someone stay with me and text me or talk to me all night, just one time, it would have changed my life. I know how hard those nights can be.
^I love this girl more than words can express.
foundmywaywheniwaslost: I am always here if anyone ever needs to talk/vent. You have a purpose, Please Stay Alive. <3
Not just for tonight but for the rest of your life. You have so much to look forward to in the future that if you choose to kill yourself, it will be the biggest mistake of your life. You’re going to miss out on people you’ll never be able to meet, kids you’ll never have, a partner to love or partys to go to. There’s just too much that you’ll miss out on. You deserve and have the right to be here as much as the person next to you does. You’re just a drop in the ocean. You were meant to be here and you have a purpose. Don’t ever forget that. And if you feel like you don’t, just believe in yourself because you do. If you ever feel worthless or like shit, know that I love you and those dicks that tell you shit are jealous that you’re who you are because there’s something about you that they wish they could have. Please stay strong and never give up because things DO GET BETTER.
3rd time I reblog this xx
Keep your self awake, I hope your here to stay. This day is not yet over, let me be your four leaf clover.
Reblogged it and queued it so it’ll post tomorrow too. And the next day and the next so I hope I can save someone. We all love you.
someone messaged me this morning saying it helped and thanked me, so im reblogging this again, and queuing it. stay strong guys.
I reblog this whenever I see it. If you don’t reblog it, unfollow me right now. If you don’t care enough to put this simple picture on your blog, I’m judging you.
The very first time that I reblogged this, I had someone message me the next day saying that because of me, they didn’t kill themself. From then on whenever I see anything like this on Tumblr it’s an instant reblog for me. After receiving that message it just changed something in me. Whenever anyone I see on my dash is having thoughts of self-harm or even suicide, I automatically go to their page and offer them even just an ear to listen. Nearly all of them I receive messages back from saying that they are grateful, and they end up sharing their story with me, and in return I give them advice as best I can. Several of them have said that their lives have gotten much better because they opened up and sought out help.
Out of those people, I’d say at least 5 have even gone so far as to say that they didn’t kill themself because of me. That is, I kid you not, the best feeling in the world.
I needed this reminder.
An au where Trip is just
IN THE 3rd GIF GUY MAN WAS GOING TO POINT BUT HE SAW THOMAF PUT HIS THUMB UP AND THEN PUT HIS LIL THUMB UP IM CRYIN G THIS ISH TOO MUCH
AND THEN THE FORTH GIF HIS LIL WAVE AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
GUY MAN IS JUST TRYING TO COPY THOMAS BECAUSE HES SO LOST AND SHY AND IF YOU DONT FIND THAT CUTE AS HELL GET OFF MY BLOG
30 Day Nitro+CHiRAL Challenge - Day 4: Favourite Protagonist
↳All of them - I really couldn’t pick between all the protags for my one true favourite. It all boils down to sass and tsundere in the end, how could I pick?!?